LIGHTSPACE TECHNOLOGIES – GLOBAL LEADER IN MULTI-FOCAL AR HEADSET TECHNOLOGY
Lightspace Technologies has signed Grant Agreement No. 960828 with European Commission to receive grant funding of 2.25 Million EUR from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. Further, up to 1.7 Million EUR equity investment by EIC Fund is linked as a blended financing contribution.
Grant Agreement No. 960828 with European Commission on activity “Next Generation Enhanced Augmented Reality 3D Glasses for medical education, pre-procedural planning, intra-procedural visualization, and patient rehabilitation — NGEAR 3D.”
Project in brief:
- Medical, digital manufacturing and professional 3D graphics require Accommodating Augmented Reality Glasses that can visualize high-quality 3D images at stretched arm’s distance (0.3m –2.0m);
- Project’s main activity – development of next-generation Augmented Reality headset/glasses that provide required visualization quality and accommodation to professionals in healthcare and similar use areas;
- Augmented Reality headset and glasses prototype validation with strategic partners:in healthcare – with market-leading medical AR application company, cardio surgeons from two hospitals;
- in digital manufacturing – with global leading car manufacturer;
- Dissemination is expected in several marketing and technology events;
- Freedom of operation to be ensured by patent research and IP protection activities.